Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) sample:
A career episode is an account of your engineering education and/or work experience. Each career episode focuses upon a specific period or distinct aspect of your engineering activity. Each career episode must focus on a different period or aspect of your engineering activity. Each episode should focus on how you applied your engineering knowledge and skills in the nominated occupation.
You may base your career episode upon:
• an engineering task undertaken as part of your educational program;
• a project you have worked on or are currently working on;
• a specific position that you occupied or currently occupy (in this case, the career episode must comprise more than a mere duty statement);
• a particular engineering problem that you were required to solve.
Each career episode must be written in English, in your own words and will act as evidence of your communication skills to your assessor.
Do not present large amounts of technical material. It is recommended that each narrative be a minimum of 1000 and maximum of 2500 words.
Each career episode must clearly demonstrate the application of engineering knowledge and skills in the nominated occupation. That is, state what you did and describe how you did it, emphasising your own personal role in episode (for example I designed, I investigated etc.) Please do not include excessive technical details (photos, calculations, tables).
Each career episode should emphasise any engineering problems identified by you and any particular problem solving techniques you applied. The purpose of this is to assess your personal contribution in meeting project and task objectives.
Please Note: It is not sufficient to merely describe work in which you were involved. Career Episodes must be written in the first person singular clearly indicating your own personal role in the work described. Remember, it is what I did, not what we did or what ‘I was involved in’ and describe how you did it.
You must number each paragraph in each of your career episodes. This is necessary to construct the Summary Statement. The following system is recommended:
Career episode 1 (paragraphs 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 etc.)
Career episode 2 (paragraphs 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 etc.)
Career episode 3 (paragraphs 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 etc.)
Career episode format
Each career episode should be in essay form and not formatted into a table.
Each career episode should follow the format below:
a) Introduction (approx. 100 words)
This introduces the reader to the career episode and should include such things as:
• the chronology - the dates and duration of the career episode;
• the geographical location where the experience was gained;
• the name of the organisation;
• the title of the position occupied by you.
b) Background (200–500 words)
This sets the scene and provides the context in which you have been studying/working. It should include such things as:
• the nature of the overall engineering project;
• the objectives of the project; • the nature of your particular work area;
• a chart of the organisational structure highlighting your position, in relation to the career episode; • a statement of your duties (provide an official duty statement where available).
• any particular technical difficulties/problems you encountered and how you solved them;
• strategies devised by you including any original or creative design work;
• how you worked with other team members.
d) Summary (50–100 words)
This section sums up your impressions of the engineering activity and your role in it. It should include such things as:
• your view of the overall project;
• how the project fared in meeting the goals / requirements;
• how your personal role contributed to the project.
1) MSA BOOKLET
3) Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) sample
We are helping to write the CDR (Competency Demonstration Report) in almost all discipline. We provide the guarantee for the positive outcome of the CDR. In case of your CDR is rejected, we will return the full amount of money. However, our success rate is 100%. We have wide range of plan. Please visit the following link to select the appropriate plan
If you have any question regarding the CDR, please don’t hesitate to contact us. http://www.cdrforea.com/contact-us